Don't let that put you off. FIrst, I don't know why I thought this was a comedy or at least a romantic story. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Many reviewers have commented on the food metaphor in the movie, and there is no doubt that the sensual pleasure of food is highlighted here. But what the hell? Mostly Martha (original German title: Bella Martha) is a 2001 German romantic comedy drama film written and directed by Sandra Nettelbeck and … Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 29, 2016 "Mostly Martha" is well-done comedy/drama in which star Martina Gedeck does an outstanding job of portraying her complex character, Martha.

I love the music on this too, especially when they cook, I would love to get this song when I cook, its that cool.

Do youself a favour and buy it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 10, 2007 This is one of my favourite films. Loved every minute of it - even the sad parts. Okay, the ending is pretty hokey and sentimental, a la Kevin Kline and Meg Ryan in French Kiss (another favorite film, and the song "Chip, chips" figures in both ) but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the food is gorgeous!Love this movie (watch while you eat something fabulous) If it had been a hollywood movie, exactly the same as is, but in English instead of German, it would have been a huge blockbuster, and won lots of Oscars. The denouement is simply superb, if a little over-simplified, but, suffice it to say, things turn out well in the end, better even than could be hoped for, on at least three fronts.

Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It is a fairly predictable story, but so well told that it suffers nothing for that. Please enable it to continue.

A real 'feel good' movie that even the 'blokes' will secretly enjoy. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Really, a very charming film. Keeping it to view again when I have flu or am a bit down. Who needs an Ocar when you've made a film like this? I am very happy about it.The film is absolutely great, I love Castellitto. However, this movie is far more interesting and complex than the usual romantic comedy.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 18, 2011 When a headstrong chef takes charge of her equally stubborn 8-year-old niece, the tensions between them mount... until an Italian sous-chef arrives to lighten the mood. If an example of the conflict between German & Italian culture was ever needed, then this surely has to rank as a good example. Cooking is an essential part of the story - even people who never cook feel like trying it!

You can also rent or buy it starting at $2.99. Mostly Martha (original German title: Bella Martha) is a 2001 German romantic comedy drama film written and directed by Sandra Nettelbeck and starring Martina Gedeck, Maxime Foerste, and Sergio Castellitto. Mostly Martha is available to stream on Kanopy. This is a truly beautiful, heart-warming film that is not without its ups-and-downs, moving gradually from down to up as the protagonist, Martha Klein (played by the excellent Martina Gedeck), takes over the care of her dead sister's daughter while holding down a demanding job as principal chef in a posh Hamburg restaurant, a difficult juggling act which becomes all the more so as a new chef of Italian origin arrives on the scene to seemingly threaten Martha's position. I have watched this movie at least three times, since its release.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. The music is really brilliant and I wish it was available on CD. I loved the story and the mix of Italian and German The couple are real.. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 29, 2003 With Martina Gedeck, Maxime Foerste, Sergio Castellitto, August Zirner. The clinical efficiency of the German kitchen finding itself invaded by a laid back Italian chef is just the recipe you know will create conflict. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. I didn't realize it was a German film, and I'm glad it 's subtitled rather than dubbed as I like to hear the voices. The life is often here compared to cooking and recipes - even if you have all ingredients and do everything along, the result doesn't have to be perfect. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. The romantic-comedy elements are also present in the initial conflicts, growing respect, and eventual relationship between Martha and Mario. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. The first time I watched this movie (with subtitles) I literally could not make out anything more than ONE single phrase. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. I have watched this movie MANY times and still love it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 18, 2011 Perhaps because this wasn't made in Tinseltown. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Eventually something approaching a family unit begins to emerge, with Sergio visiting Martha and Lina at home to cook for them, and Lina's subsequent return to Italy with her father, who has in the meantime turned up at their door, has a devastating effect on Martha, who realizes that she has grown maternally attached to the child and finds life empty without her. You can guess which style of working culture wins out, but it is how the story gets to this conclusion that is so enjoyable.

Sun Tracker Party Cruiser 32 Io Regency Edition, Sandy Nelson Essence Atkins, Who Was Dinah Shore Married To, West Elm Vs Crate And Barrel, Doll Face Persian Kittens For Sale Near Me, What Does Boa Mean In Slang, The Isle Dinosaur Tier List, Who Was The Accomplice In Law Abiding Citizen, What Color Does Maroon Turn When Bleached, Gtd Todoist Setup Guide Pdf, Spaceflight Simulator Mods, School Ties Cast, Fire Belly Newts For Sale, Hawaiian Name Generator, How To Set Deep Freezer Temperature, Jay Black Assisted Living, Seagull Cbt Answers 2020, What Part Did Nicolas Cage Play In Godfather Iii, Tern Gsd S10 Vs S00, Chinese Menu With Pictures And Descriptions, Mary Antonia Wayne Lacava Net Worth, Beyblade Kyoya And Hikaru Kiss,

Kommentarer

watch mostly martha 123movies — Inga kommentarer

Kommentera

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *